Thank you for your interest in participating in the FUTURE Program! The FUTURE program is funded in part by the NIH BEST (Broadening Experiences in Scientific Training) initiative. To be eligible for participation in FUTURE you must be a UC Davis PhD graduate student or postdoctoral scholar who is conducting research in the biomedical sciences, which we broadly define as any research that is related to advancing health.
As a member of the Self-Directed Track of the FUTURE program, you will:
- Complete program Entry and Exit Surveys sponsored by the UCD FUTURE program and NIH BEST Consortium
- Participate in Career Gear Up! - a 1-day Professional Development Workshop
- Develop a Career Exploration Plan (Individualized Development Plan - IDP)
- Explore and Prepare for Careers guided by your Career Exploration IDP
- Share your experiences with and learn from other participants in the program (Career Explorers Network)
As a member of the Self-Directed Track of the FUTURE program, you will have access to these benefits:
- FUTURE activities open only to members - e.g. networking events and meet-ups
- Career Exploration Fund - apply for support for career exploration activities
- Career Exploration Network - share career-related resources and information with peers
- FUTURE Meet-Ups - monthly peer networking and career exploration events
Please complete the following information to register. No resume or letter of support is required. Registration is ongoing, there is no deadline. After registration, you will be sent a link to our mandatory NIH BEST/UCD FUTURE entry survey. The survey must be completed to be eligible to sign up for Career Gear Up! a 1-day crash course designed to help you explore and prepare for non-faculty careers.